Technical Intern Training Program (TITP) is a work training program providing employment opportunities for foreign nationals in Japan. The objective and purpose of the Technical Intern Training Program are to :
1. Transfer skills, technologies, or knowledge accumulated in Japan to developing and other regions, and to;
2. promote international cooperation by contributing to the development of human resources who can play roles in the economic development of those developing regions.
- Quote from Organization for Technical Intern Training (OTIT)）-
- TITP interns are enthusiastic and positive. Their attitude and liveliness can have great impacts on work environment.
- Accepting TITP interns can increase company’s perceived image as a global company and can build brand recognition to support future business scenarios.
- Global Business expenditure
- Former TITP interns may become the bridge for the future international expansion of the business.
- International cooperation
- Accepting TITP interns may increase company’s image as a global company.
- Period limited to 3years
- TITP visa allows trainees to work up to three years (i)(a) for one year, and followed by (ii)(a) visa which would allows trainees to work for another two years. (Maximum years of training is five years)
- Complex paperwork
- TIT program is carefully run under the strict rules and management by OTIT (Organization for Technical Intern Training) and Immigration Bureau. There are many forms to fill and rules to follow.
- Takes time to preparation
- Takes approximately 6-9 months for preparation before accepting TITP trainees.
- Accept Difference
- It may take a while before getting used to the mixed cultured environment.
◯ We visit our TITP trainees on regular basis with native speakers of their language.
◯ Our experienced staff support our fellow members and their trainees to overcome issues.
◯ We also give advise on how to file regular reports required by OTIT.
- I am interested but know nothing about the TITP program, can you help?
- We offer advice in person, over the phone and e-mail. If you have any questions regarding TIT program, as an employer/ employee/ trainee, please do not hesitate to contact us. We also support your administration works related to TITP program and Specified Skilled Worker program.
- Why do we have to pay labor insurance and social insurance premiums for foreign workers?
- According to TITP Act, trainees must be treated as regular workers under Japan's Labor Standard Act. Employers must treat them as regular employees. If you do not agree with this you would be disqualified to accept TITP interns.
- How many Interns can we accept?
Number of acceptable foreign interns depend on the total number of full-time staff of the implementing organization.
Number of technical intern trainees
Full-time workers in implementing organization more than 301 201 - 300 101 - 200 51 - 100 50 40 up to 30 Technical intern trainees (i) (1 year) 1/20 of the total no. of full-time employees 15 10 6 5 4 3